The Australian Border Force Recruitment Application Form 2023/2024 is currently ongoing and if you are in search or have a desire to apply for this recruitment then you are on the right track
We will guide you through all the process required in order to have a desired result of applying and becoming a successful recruit at the end of all the process.
A large number of competitive applicants apply so the recruitment process may take a number of months to finalize that’s why encourage you to check your emails regularly for status updates and invitations to the next stages.
Hence, it is highly advisable that applicants/readers strictly adhere to all the information concerning the requirements and other details provided on this post.
Table of Contents
Australian Border Force Recruitment 2023/2024 Application Form Updates
Applications for the 2023 Border Force Officer Recruit Training Program are opening on Monday 16 August so see if you’ve got what it takes to be an Australian Border Force Officer.
The Australian Border Force Recruitment 2023/2024 Application Form is out and ongoing to welcome applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life in order to be recruited.
They are looking to attract people for our Border Force Officer Recruit Training (BFORT) program with a wide range of skills, capabilities and experience.
Note: BFORT positions are typically advertised twice a year, generally in May and November, however this can change due to operational priorities.
Applicants/Candidates should access the Australian Border Force Recruitment website – https://www.abf.gov.au/about-us/careers/border-force-officer-recruit-training-program/how-to-apply
Details On The Australian Border Force (ABF)
The Australian Border Force (ABF) is a law enforcement agency, part of the Department of Home Affairs, responsible for offshore and onshore border control enforcement, investigations, compliance and detention operations in Australia.
Their services includes;
- To minimize the amount of unlawful maritime arrivals and people smuggling into Australia’s border.
- Processing passengers at an air or seaport
- To target and disrupt the criminals organizing visa fraud, illegal work and the exploitation of foreign workers.
- Clearing cargo at an air or sea port
- Patrolling the Australian coastline in an ABF vessel
- Locating and detaining unlawful non-citizens.
- Investigating illegal border activity
Different ways to apply
These are the different ways to apply depending on your career choice and previous experience to join the ABF:
- Apply to join as an entry level Border Force Officer Recruit
- Apply to join directly in a specialist role
- Apply for a non-Border Force Officer support role
Requisite For The Australian Border Force Recruitment Application
- You must be an Australian citizen and must show evidence of this during the recruitment process
- be 18 years of age or older
- You must have a minimum Year 10 Certificate with a Cert IV/Diploma level qualification or Trade Certificate and/or relevant work experience
- Applicants should be able to obtain an Australian Government security clearance and an Employee Suitability Clearance.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexible and resourceful
- Good organizational and planning skills
- Able to work as part of a team
- Courteous and efficient
- High ethical standards
- Able to deal with increasingly sophisticated technologies
- Able to pass a medical and fitness examination
- Able to satisfy security requirements
The recruitment process For The ABF
All candidates or applicants should make sure that they have met the minimum requirement needed to apply first before heading to go on so as not to be disappointed.
- Applicants should apply online
- Provide all information required of you on the page
- You will be invited for a cognitive ability assessment to test you on your mental ability or aptitude
- The next stage is an invitation to access your work reliability, views and attitudes towards your job
- After the above mentioned process, there will be a video interview to be accessed by the assessment panel
- You may receive an invitation from a recruitment partner to attend a virtual assessment centre once you’ve progressed through those processes
- Referee Checks
- once you are enlisted on the merit pool, you can proceed the mandatory conditions of engagement
- ABF may not contact all candidates in the merit pool at the same time so get ready for a phone call and check your emails for more information.
- The mandatory conditions of engagement includes; a medical, fitness assessment, psychometric assessment, and obtaining the relevant security clearances.
- All ABF staff are required to obtain an AGSVA Security Clearance and Employee Suitability Clearance after being recruited.
- This mentioned above will access your suitability (from an integrity and character perspective) to work with or for the Australian Border Force.
Salary Of The Australian Border Force
- The average border patrol officer gross salary in Australia is $90,466 or an equivalent hourly rate of $43.
- In addition, they earn an average bonus of $2,063. Salary estimates based on salary survey data collected directly from employers and anonymous employees in Australia.
- An entry level border patrol officer (1-3 years of experience) earns an average salary of $65,265.
- On the other end, a senior level border patrol officer (8+ years of experience) earns an average salary of $111,633.
Summary On Australian Border Force Recruitment 2023/2024 Application Form
After applying and you finally get recruited, you can henceforth become a police officer (a trainee), as you will have a mix of instructional and operational training.
Know that upon successful completion of both phases you will graduate as an Australian Public Service Level 3 (APS3) Border Force Officer (General Duties) dealing with crimes in Australia now!
The portal of the Australian Border Force Recruitment 2023/2024 Application Form is simply for the enlightenment of the applicants relating to Recruitment 2023/2024.
The application website gives crucial information related to the Australian Border Force Recruitment 2023/2024 Application Form for candidates to soon start applying.
Also, don’t forget to bookmark our website AimGlo, as we continue to provide you with the best School and recruitment Offer just like Australian Border Force Recruitment 2023/2024, with all Articles posted on our AimGlo being Accurate and free from Misinformation.