DAAD Scholarships are ongoing, and qualified students are awarded scholarships to study their desired courses.
And suppose you are interested in securing a scholarship in a German University as an International Student, then proceed into the post to get acquainted with the necessary information.
Scholarships! are among the best things that could ever happen to students, helping those who can’t afford an education and giving them an opportunity in life. And scholarships are a tremendous help to students and parents also.
Unlike loans, Scholarships are awarded to students to help them with tuition and accommodation; they give students opportunities to access education.
And it is essential to state that, though many scholarships are awarded to students worldwide by institutions/ Organisations such as Governmental and Non-Governmental Institutions, there are just so many applicants. As a result, very few candidates get to secure scholarships/grants.
Interested candidates are always advised to ensure they meet the requirements to avoid disqualification/disappointment.
Proceed to the post to learn more about DAAD Scholarships for International Students.
Table of Contents
DAAD Scholarships for International Students requirements aren’t too difficult to meet. Germany is an ideal destination for international students, and it is one of the best places to acquire an education; It offers some of the best conditions to pursue a degree and enjoy an authentic German experience.
There are many reasons why Germany is a go-to destination for international students, starting with the fact that it is affordable for most people. Compared to other study destinations outside of Europe, living in Germany as a student comes at a lower cost.
DAAD (The German Academic Exchange Service) is the international students’ largest German funding organization. It provides scholarships to both international students and German students. DAAD has financed more than 2 million scholars.
Also, there are multiple DAAD German universities for international students. There is about 100+ DAAD scholarship for international students who want to study in Germany. The scholarships can be based on country, study level, subjects, duration, etc.
With DAAD, nationality is not an issue! Many scholarships are available for students from all countries, while some are targeted toward specific regions.
Benefits of DAAD Scholarships
DAAD Scholarships are very popular in Germany, and students benefit greatly from them. And below are the benefits of the DAAD Scholarship:
- Scholarship stipend: The scholarship payment depends on the scholarship holders and the program. Once you meet the DAAD scholarship eligibility, you can access the benefits of the former. The stipend for various programs is mentioned below:
- Masters Program – EUR 861
- Doctoral Program – EUR 1200
- University assistant teachers – EUR 2000
- Professors – EUR 2150
- Travel expenses: DAAD scholarships cover all outward and return travel expenses.
- Family members benefit: DAAD offers an allowance for accompanying spouse/ child allowance. It also provides insurance benefits for spouses and children under certain conditions. For scholarship holders, family benefits will be provided only if the program exceeds six months. Family benefits will not be provided if it is less than six months.
- Health insurance: Most DAAD scholarships provide health insurance for their scholarship holders.
- Benefits for people with disabilities: DAAD Scholarships offer additional benefits to people with disabilities or chronic illnesses.
Eligibility & Requirements for DAAD Scholarships
Since more than 100 scholarships are provided for students from various backgrounds working in multiple fields, the eligibility criteria for DAAD scholarships may vary. However, here are some essential eligibility criteria and requirements for DAAD Scholarships that all students should meet.
DAAD Scholarship Eligibility
The DAAD scholarships are awarded to students who want to complete a full-time course of study with mandatory attendance in Germany. These apply to procure DAAD scholarships for bachelor’s and master’s degrees. The essential DAAD Scholarship eligibility criteria are mentioned below for all international students.
- Two years of relevant and proven work experience, research work, and teaching/graduate assistantship.
- Fulfill the language-related DAAD requirements.
- The academic degree qualification should not exceed six years, i.e., the applicant should have completed their bachelor’s degree, not more than in the last six years.
- If you want to come to Germany for some time, up to 6 months, you must have lived in your country of residence for at least one year at the time of application.
- If you want to come to Germany for some time longer than six months, you must have obtained your last degree in your country of residence.
- While these are the standard DAAD scholarship requirements, ensure you visit the official website to access more information.
DAAD Scholarship Requirements
Below is the most common DAAD Scholarship for masters/graduate requirements below:
For courses taught in English: IELTS (band 6) certificate or TOEFL (minimum score 550 paper-based, 213 computer-based, and 80 internet-based.) Having excellent English skills is recommended.
For courses taught in German: DSH 2 or Testdaf 4 certificate is necessary for enrollment. At the time of the application, a level B1 certificate is needed.
A minimum aggregate of 8.5 CGPA or 85% or equivalent is needed depending upon the applied degree.
German Universities Offering DAAD Scholarships
There are multiple DAAD German universities where DAAD scholarships are relevant. One can find any university that fits your needs. Surf through some important universities and DAAD international programs where DAAD scholarships are applicable.
|Economics/Business administration/ Political Economics|
|Engineering and related sciences||
Flensburg Universität Stuttgart
Universität Oldenburg Hochschule für Technik Stuttgart
|Mathematics||Technische Universität Kaiserslautern|
|Regional and Urban Planning||Technische Universität Berlin Technische Universität Dortmund Universität Stuttgart|
|Agricultural and Forest Sciences||Rheinische Friedrich-Wilhelms-Universität Bonn Technische Universität Dresden Georg-August-Universität Göttingen Universität Hohenheim|
|Natural and Environmental Sciences||Universität Bremen Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg Universität Greifswald Technische Hochschule Köln Institute for Technology and Resources Management in the Tropics and Subtropics (ITT)|
|Medicine/Public Health||Ruprecht-Karls-Universität Heidelberg Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg Freie Universität Berlin Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin Charité – Universitätsmedizin Berlin|
|Social Science, Education and Law||Technische Universität Dresden Munich Intellectual Property Law Center (MIPLC)|
|Media Studies||Deutsche Welle Akademie Rheinische Friedrich-Wilhelms-Universität Bonn Hochschule Bonn Rhein-Sieg|
The Universities listed above were just some of the DAAD German Universities offering DAAD Scholarships. One has to select the DAAD international programs. Other than these, there are various DAAD Germany courses and programs. You may find out more on the DAAD scholarship database.
Documents Required for DAAD Scholarships
Below are some standard documents required for the DAAD scholarship application, which are mandatory for all international students. Students must ensure the requirements listed below are checked to complete the DAAD Scholarship eligibility. These requirements are valid for procuring both DAAD Germany masters and bachelors.
- Online application form
- CV or Resume
- Certificate of Enrolment filled by the home institution as proof of current enrolment.
- NOC (No objection certificate) filled and stamped by the home institution.
- Application form by German host filled in by German supervisor
- Invitation letter from the German supervisor.
- Reference from the university teacher of your home institution.
- Letters of motivation (if applying for a study scholarship)
- Detailed proposal (if applying for a research grant)
- University degree certificates indicating final grades.
Steps on How to Apply for DAAD Scholarships
The DAAD scholarship application can be simple and will hardly take 25-30 minutes. The steps to apply for a DAAD scholarship are given below:
- Visit the DAAD Scholarship Database.
- Fill in the necessary details and look for a suitable DAAD scholarship program for yourself.
- Register yourself and fill in all the personal details.
- Upload all the required documents mentioned above and look for additional documents to be uploaded, if any.
- Send a copy of your application form summary to the DAAD office via post.
Conclusion On DAAD Scholarships for International Students 2023/2024If you want to study at a Top earned University through the scholarships above, go for it and start preparing now!
Also, don’t forget to bookmark our website Aimglo, as we continue to provide you with the best School and Job Offers just like DAAD Scholarships for International Students 2023/2024, with all Articles, posted on our Aimglo being Accurate and free from Misinformation