If you’re looking for a great position and a chance to make an impact, Ports Toronto has the opportunity for you to work as an electrician on a full-time basis.
Now to work in Toronto as an electrician is possible for the hiring company, and several others have given interested candidates a chance.
Read more to know all the details regarding the electrician job description, the roles, and the application link to apply now.
Table of Contents
The Electrician must perform electrical maintenance, preventative maintenance, inspections, repairs, and installations on various infrastructures, fleets, and machinery.
The Electrician shall work closely with the Foreperson and other Electricians, often covering off during absences.
Duties involve electrical work on infrastructure, fleet, and machinery organization-wide, focusing on Billy.
Bishop Airport infrastructure includes but is not limited to airfield lighting and systems, passenger ferries, and vehicle and passenger ramps.
- Rate of Pay – $46.25 per hour
- Hours Of Work – 7.5 hours per day between 0700 – 1800, 5 days per week (moreover, shift work, weekends, and holidays may all be required).
- Location – 23 Unwin Ave., Toronto, ON M5A 1A1 (note you must have your transportation to the work location).
- Hiring Company – Ports Toronto
Duties And Responsibilities Of The Role
- Satisfactorily and safely carry out preventive maintenance servicing to electrical and associated mechanical installations.
- Satisfactorily and safely carry out electrical repairs and equipment installations to tugs, ferries, buildings,s, and airfield work.
- Satisfactorily and safely carry out site inspections of equipment and accurately report to Foreperson.
- Keep Foreperson informed of the progress of assigned work
- Perform electrical maintenance, preventative maintenance, inspections, repairs, and installations effectively, efficiently, and safely as directed.
- Troubleshoot and problem-solve electrical issues independently and in a team environment.
- Ensure all work is carried out in compliance with all applicable governing codes, including but not limited to the Ontario Electric code, CSA Z462, and 463.
- Perform work in a safe, organized, professional manner and maintain a safe work environment
- Perform inspections, maintenance, and repairs on airport lighting systems in an airport environment
- Perform electrical inspections, maintenance, and repairs on active/operational marine equipment
- Inspect, maintain and repair Ship Channel Bridge electrical equipment, machinery, and systems
- Inspect, maintain and repair navigational lights and buoys
- Must adhere to all PortsToronto policies and procedures
- Must comply with all Safety and Health policies, procedures, and legislated requirements and must wear designated safety equipment
- Must have knowledge of legislated safety requirements
- Must have a working knowledge of Ontario electrical codes
- Must be able to read and correctly interpret construction and schematic drawings for electrical and associated mechanical installations
- Must be able to understand and apply knowledge of electrical and associated mechanical repair work
- Must have a working knowledge of repair procedures for electrical installations
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a RAIC (Restricted Area Identity Card) security clearance
- Must be able to work independently with limited supervision
- Must be able to communicate clearly and concisely directly and via electronic communication devices
- Must be in good physical condition, able to work indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions
- Must be familiar/adhere to Lockout-tag-out and working with Electrical Energy procedures
- Must be familiar with safe operating procedures
- Must be able to climb and work at heights up to 200 feet
- Able to lift up to 25 Kgs (50 Lbs) floor to waist
- Able to swim and tread water for two (2) minutes is recommended
- Full vaccination with Health Canada approved Covid-19 vaccine is mandatory
Qualifications Needed For The Role
- Must be a licensed 309A Electrician, or Red Seal Construction Electrician (interprovincial certificate)
- Must supply and use own electrical hand tools
- Must possess a recognized First Aid Certificate
- Valid Class “G” Driver’s License
- Related trade licenses such as Master Electrician will be considered an asset.
- Confirmation of Full Vaccination will be required
How To Apply
- Interested and qualified candidates have been invited to email a resume along with a cover letter outlining how your experience supports the electrician requirements to their email.
- The Subject Line will state Electrician.
- Take note that only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Salary Of Electrician In Toronto
The average salary for an Electrician is CA$ 77,201 per year in Toronto, ON, Canada Area.
Conclusion On Electrician Jobs In Toronto 2023/2024
From the above of Toronto’s Electrician Jobs, you can check it out and use the application link to apply for the available job you wish to get.
Now’s your chance, with this selection of Toronto Electrician Jobs; you, therefore, have no limitation in taking the job up to continue your passion.
The article above gives crucial information about the Electrician Jobs In Toronto in 2023/2024 for people to start applying now.
After your search, applying, and finally getting employed, you can enjoy a rich and rewarding extra dimension to your life and work to gain a beautiful experience.
Also, don’t forget to bookmark our website Aimglo, as we continue to provide you with the best School and Job Offer just like Electrician Jobs In Toronto 2023/2024 , with all Articles posted on our Aimglo being Accurate and free from Misinformation.