Website Norwegian Embassy
Adviser – Political and Economic Information Officer/Advisor – Embassy of Norway
The Norwegian Embassy in Tokyo has a vacant position for an adviser within a broad scope of topics relevant to the relationship between Norway and Japan. The work will mainly cover analysis of economic developments, human rights, and other political issues, as well as the organization and follow-up of meetings and events in these fields. The officer will also be asked to do interpretation and translation between English and Japanese, as needed, and contribute to social media.
- Monitor and analyze various economic and political developments in Japan within areas of particular interest to Norway.
- Follow developments in Japan concerning human rights, gender equality, minorities, and LGBTI.
- Support the posted diplomats responsible for these topics.
- Build relevant relationships and networks, and organize meetings and events for government contacts, businesses, civil society, academic contacts, and other stakeholders.
- Contribute to the embassy’s social media on the topics mentioned above and be the main responsible for the embassy’s LinkedIn account.
- Provide translation and interpretation between Japanese and English for various purposes.
What we can offer:
- A friendly and inclusive working environment, informal and respectful of everybody
- A position where you have many possibilities to structure your work, interacting with the entire Embassy and Team Norway in Japan
- Membership in Japan Pension Service and Labour Insurance is compulsory. The embassy will cover part of the cost.
Application procedure:When applying, please attach an application letter in both English and Japanese stating why you consider yourself a suitable candidate, and add your CV in English. Please include references’ names, e-mail addresses, and phone numbers, preferably immediate supervisors in the present and/or recent jobs.
|Minimum Experience Level||Over 3 years|
|Career Level||Mid Career|
|Minimum English Level||Fluent|
|Minimum Japanese Level||Native|
|Minimum Education Level||Bachelor’s Degree|
|Visa Status||Permission to work in Japan required|
Qualifications: Higher education, preferably with a degree in political science, economics, journalism, or similar.Previous experience working as an analyst, journalist, interpreter, or government official. Experience working for an international organization is an advantage. Native-level written and spoken Japanese is required, as is fluent English, written and spoken.Previous knowledge of Norway-related issues and some acquaintance with the Norwegian language is an advantage. All applicants must have a legal basis to work in Japan, either as a Japanese citizen or with the correct visa/status of work permit in case of non-Japanese citizens.
- Intercultural understanding
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Flexible and adaptable
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills
- Tokyo – 23 Wards
Average Salary: ¥ Negotiable
You can see the above lists of Norwegian Embassy Jobs 2023/2024, with the additional benefits of learning and working in a strategic environment.
Also, don’t forget to bookmark our website Aimglo, as we continue to provide you with the best School and Job Offer just like Norwegian Embassy Jobs 2023/2024 , with all Articles posted on our Aimglo being Accurate and free from Misinformation.