Location: Hamble-Le-Rice, Southampton (SO31), SO31 4NF
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Full-time (35 hours per week)
Salary: £35000 – £47000 per annum
Reporting to the Manufacturing Engineer Manager for Metallics, the Materials Manufacturing Engineer (ME) is responsible for supporting the sourcing activities from a technical aspect, focusing primarily on raw materials but also covering additional items if required. The MEs role will be to support the technical enablement of sourced raw materials, identify appropriate materials, and review and identify allowable alternatives with cost and business impact in mind. The position will also provide support to all other functions within the business to ensure the ME team achieve required deliverables whilst meeting all safety, regulatory and cost requirements
- Manage own performance against agreed goals and objectives, being accountable for quality, on-time delivery and budget.
- Focus on deflation (cost-out) activities related to raw materials.
- Review of allowable raw materials, reviewing technical data sets for approved alternatives
- Generate internal engineering instructions to enable manufacturing and control costs/quality within the engineering team.
- Understand and liaise with customers to support both internal and external customer needs.
- Support New Product Introduction (NPI) from a materials enablement standpoint.
- Conduct a cost/benefit analysis for changes to processes and materials used.
- Ensure processes contribute to a safe working environment and meet EHS requirements. Support/lead EHS projects
- Identify and reduce product quality issues caused by process variation.
- Track/drive root cause analysis and corrective actions for production issues related to raw materials.
- Prioritization of workload and project planning to support customer needs.
- Degree/HNC in Engineering or equivalent knowledge and experience.
· Good leadership skills including coaching and team engagement.
- Detailed knowledge of metallic materials and associated industry standards
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills, including stakeholder management,
- Ability to manage multiple complex assignments and priorities and achieve results.
- Strong organisational skills with a high attention to detail
- Highly effective problem-solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Project management skills.
- A positive approach to challenging situations
- Six Sigma Green Belt trained and certified
- Experience in a metallic manufacturing environment.
- Experience in sourcing processes and procedures.
- Experience in supplier quality.
- Prepared to travel within the UK and overseas to meet the customer and/or our suppliers.
- Prepared to work a shift if required.
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required
What you will get from Hamble Aerostructures
Code of Ethics expresses who Hamble Aerostructures is: a competitive and profitable company that conducts business in an ethical framework of commitment to employees, customers, suppliers, shareholders, communities, and institutions.
Hamble Aerostructures actively promotes environmental protection in its designs, considering the environmental impact throughout the product life cycle and through continuous improvement of its products and processes
Benefits of working for Hamble Aerostructures include:
- 26-days holiday as standard (plus the ability to buy or sell holiday)
- 10% employer pension contribution
- Life cover
- Private medical health care (after 2 years of service)
- Discounted Costco membership
- Onsite parking
- Onsite gym and restaurant
£35000 – £47000 per annum
In conclusion, with the update in the job listing its requirements and responsibilities, it is evident that one is aware of the requirements, skills, and salary.
Click the “Apply Now” button to secure a chance to work as a ME Metallics Material Sourcing.
As you get updates about ME Metallics Material Sourcing, please bookmark our website RqhVirals and share this post with your friends.
Here at RqhVirals, we provide you with Recruitment, the Scholarship you need, and the Latest Job Offer; if you find these Articles helpful, kindly like, share, and comment. share this post with your friend who may need Recruitment offers; Last Updated: November 29, 2023
Also, don’t forget to bookmark our website RqhVirals, as we continue to provide you with the best School and Job Offer just like ME Metallics Material Sourcing, with all Articles posted on our RqhVirals being Accurate and free from Misinformation.
Feel relaxed as you are entitled to the authentic information provided on this page about ME Metallics Material Sourcing.