Anglo American / De Beers Group
A Diamond is Forever
Do you want to be part of a Temporary Heavy Equipment Operator, Mining in Canada? Navigate through this post; if your answer is yes, you will surely see what you are looking for.
This job posting showcased the requirements, skills, duties, and benefits you desire for a better understanding and apparent reference.
- Name: Temporary Heavy Equipment Operator, Mining
- Location: Gahcho Kué Mine, Gahcho Kué Mine, Northwest Territories, Canada
- Type of employment: Contract-Part-time
- Name of company: Anglo American / De Beers Group
- Salary: CA$35–CA$40 an hour
- State of verification: Verify.
Be part of the team.
The team that makes it happen.
You communicate openly and enjoy being part of a fantastic team with an unwavering commitment to safety; come and join us working at Gahcho Kué, one of the world’s most significant mines.
They are the world’s leading diamond company, a unique luxury business that thrives on our people’s creativity, passion, and knowledge.
To push our company forwards, we always need to think differently, and they welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions.
In return, we provide you with the space and support to grow and achieve your ambitions.
De Beers Group of Companies has a temporary opportunity for an individual to join the Mining team at the Gahcho Kué Mine Site based in the Northwest Territories.
The ideal candidate is committed to safe working practices and strives for zero harm.
Reporting to the Mining Supervisor and working 21 days in/21 days out of the rotation, the individual is responsible for operating heavy mobile equipment.
There are mine haul trucks, large track dozers, large wheel loaders, excavators, and shovels to maximize the mine production of ore and waste in the mine pit.
If you are looking for the opportunity to work for a stable company at a safe and established mine, we want to hear from you.
- Safely and skillfully operating a variety of heavy mobile equipment and attachments to excavate, grade, and move hard rock;
- Conducting daily safety checks and inspections of the equipment before operating;
- Monitoring equipment and reporting any problems according to mine operating procedures;
- Following company procedures and standards such as safety, environmental, and code of conduct; and communicating effectively via two-way radio.
- Legally permitted to work in Canada
- High school diploma or equivalent life skills
- On-the-job training and experience, resulting in being qualified to operate Komatsu surface mining equipment, including but not limited to PC5500/2000/1250/390/210 Shovels/Excavators, WA1200/900/600/500 Loaders, Rubber Tire Dozer, Dozers, Motor Graders and 980/930/830
- Haul Trucks;
- Ability to safely work 12-hour day and night shifts on a rotational basis; and
- Ability to work in a safety-oriented, fast-paced, cross-cultural environment.
This is not a training position, and only those that meet the above requirements will be considered; Applicants will need to list the make and model numbers of equipment they are qualified to operate on their resume;
- Applicants at high risk of developing severe complications from COVID-19 may not be medically cleared for the site.
- Please refer to the following Health Canada guidelines: https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/prevention-risks.html.
- This is a temporary position.
- Additional Information.
Who they are:
They are the world’s leading diamond company, powered by thousands of people around the world who are driven to support thriving local communities.
They protect the natural environment and stand with women and girls, focused on Building Forever. If you like chasing demanding targets, thrive on making decisions in the pursuit of brilliance, and enjoy the support of the world’s finest experts, we have a place for you.
Safety first is a way of life for us; they are unconditional about the safety, health, and well-being of our colleagues at work, at home, and in communities.
They aim to lead the industry by investing in innovation to protect the people at the heart of our business.
The high-performing teams take accountability for their and others’ actions, work collaboratively, and always show care and respect.
Since safe and effective COVID-19 vaccines are widely available and have been proven to be a very effective and secure way of protecting people and reducing COVID-19 transmission.
They continue to encourage employees to vaccinate at the earliest opportunity possible and are required to travel to sites because our mining operations are fly-in, fly-out.
Inclusion and Diversity
They are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where they value and respect every colleague for who they are.
They provide equality of opportunity to enable everyone to fulfill their potential: please contact us if you require a disability-related accommodation to participate in the recruitment process.
Successful candidates will be required to complete background screening which may include a criminal check and validation of qualifications.
As a Temporary Heavy Equipment Operator, Mining, you will have the opportunity to work on one of the fastest-growing platforms in the world and all the content that promotes and enriches it.
You can see the above post on Temporary Heavy Equipment Operator, Mining as an additional benefit for learning and working in a strategic environment.
After your search, applying, and getting recruited, you can enjoy a rich and rewarding extra dimension to your life and work to gain a beautiful experience.
Here at Aimglo, we provide you with Recruitment, Scholarship you need, and Latest Job Offer; if you find these Articles helpful, kindly like, share, and comment; share this post with your friend who may need Recruitment offers; Last Updated: November 29, 2023
Also, don’t forget to bookmark our website Aimglo, as we continue to provide you with the best School and Job Offer just like Temporary Heavy Equipment Operator, Mining Jobs 2023/2024 , with all Articles posted on our Aimglo being Accurate and free from Misinformation.