As an international medical student looking for an internship in the USA, then you are in great luck for there are several medical internship programs which will be listed in this article for interested interns to apply for.
As a medical student, gain valuable medical healthcare internship experience abroad and begin your journey of becoming a medical professional. The internships are provided to pre-med, medical, nursing, physiotherapy and para-medical students from any part of the world.
A great chance to witness the healthcare system of a developing country, intern, and get first-hand learning and practical experience during the course of the program.
It offers you employment opportunities as you bring new ideas and energy into the workplace, your developed talent and potential into the field you find yourself in.
Table of Contents
Medical Internship Description
A medical intern is usually a recent graduate of medical school who begins training at a hospital or medical centre to gain practical experience in the medical field.
Medical students complete these internships to become doctors and other specialists. Internships are the first year of medical school graduate residencies. After the first year, students and staff refer to the internship as a residency.
Residency programs typically last three to eight years. Many medical professionals begin their careers by completing medical internships and residencies. Unlike internships in other industries, medical internships may offer pay and various benefits, such as medical insurance.
If you’re considering starting a medical internship, you may benefit from learning how much you can earn, the valuable experience you can get and all the skills you will attain.
Available Medical Internship In The USA For International Students
International Medical Aid (IMA) is a not-for-profit organization founded at Johns Hopkins University that provides healthcare internships abroad for undergraduate students, medical students, medical residents, and practitioners in the areas that need it the most: East Africa, South America, and the Caribbean.
In providing urgently needed healthcare assistance to the people in these regions, they help participants gain valuable exposure to a variety of specialities in their healthcare and pre-med internship programs.
All of the programs also allow interns and volunteers to immerse themselves in the beauty and culture of their destinations through unique adventure programs led by experienced and trusted tour guides.
- Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Emergency Medicine/Urgent Care
- Internal Medicine
- General Surgery
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Tropical Medicine
More About The Internship
International Medical Aid (IMA) offers transformative, life-changing healthcare internships for doctors, medical residents, medical students, and pre-med undergraduates to work in busy international hospitals, mentored by their outstanding staff of dedicated physicians and other healthcare professionals.
They collaborate with an extensive network of public and private hospitals to provide rewarding hands-on programs tailored to each intern’s specific skill set and educational background.
IMA strives to improve the health of underserved individuals in regions in which we operate through medical clinics, public health education programs, first responders, and first aid training.
IMA is a not-for-profit organization that reinvests into all of the communities in which we operate. While some programs merely transport participants to their hospital placements and offer little oversight or guidance, they provide a structured environment with multiple sources of local and U.S.-based support.
IMA oversees every aspect of interns’ overseas experience, including extensive training on safety and infection control procedures.
- 24/7 U.S. and Local Country Support – IMA recognizes the importance of a strong support network thousands of miles from home in a foreign country. We provide a single U.S. point of contact for families at home; while onsite, each intern is matched with a program coordinator and a mentor. The coordinator typically lives in the Program Residence and is responsible for smooth day-to-day operations, while the mentor works professionally with interns.
- Medical School Admissions Support – International Medical Aid has a network of experienced medical school admissions experts, including physician educators and former members of medical school admissions committees. Participants who complete our healthcare internships abroad or medical elective programs will access personal medical school admissions counselling, including letters of recommendation, AMCAS/personal statement review, and interview coaching at no additional cost.
- Orientation and Training – IMA ensures its interns are fully informed and prepared before beginning their healthcare internship program. As such, we offer two types of orientation programs: one led by a program coordinator regarding the local area and the other geared toward the work environment, including hospital operations, safety protocols, sanitation requirements, and specific terminology.
- Gated Housing with 24/7 Security – IMA’s top concern is keeping our interns safe during their stay. As such, we thoroughly vet all properties we purchase or lease to ensure that they are in the town’s safest areas, with easy access to major roads, U.S. embassies, and work assignments. We offer interns modern dormitory-style accommodations with air conditioning, maid service, and laundry service.
- Travel, Accident and Health Insurance – International Medical Aid provides each intern with $1,000,000 of top-rated travel insurance covering most medical and dental expenses, evacuation, lost luggage costs, and trip interruption coverage.
- Placement-Related Transportation – IMA provides interns with shared, daily roundtrip transportation to placement sites in addition to arrival/departure airport transfers. Safe, reliable transportation is also available for leisure and personal trips at reasonable rates to ensure the safety and enjoyment of all interns.
- Candidates – Pre-Medical Students, Medical Students, Medical Doctors, Doctors of Osteopathic Medicine
How To Apply
To apply, kindly refer to the link below and apply for the internship program highlighted nd discussed above now.
Salary Of Medical Interns In The USA
A medical intern’s average pay in the United States of America is $36,884 per year, it varies according to the position, location and hospital you may find yourself in.
Conclusion On Medical Internships In the USA For International Students 2023/2024
For yourself, you can see the above lists of internships for Medical Internships In the USA For International Students For Students. I can assure you that some of these jobs have an attractive salary, and there are also additional benefits with you learning and working in a conducive environment.
Now’s your chance, with this selection of Medical Internships In the USA For International Students; you, therefore, have no limitation in taking them up in the USA to continue your passion.
The article above gives crucial information related to the Medical Internships In the USA For International Students in 2023/2024 for interested candidates to start applying now.
After your search, applying, and finally getting recruited, you can henceforth enjoy a rich and rewarding extra dimension to your life and work to realize your future career.
Also, don’t forget to bookmark our website Aimglo, as we continue to provide you with the best School and Job Offer just like Paid Internships In USA For International Students 2023/2024 , with all Articles posted on our Aimglo being Accurate and free from Misinformation.