The New South Wales Fire Service is about to recruit people who are willing to face challenges that come their way to protect lives and properties.
If you have these qualities and also wish to work in a challenging environment like this, then go ahead with your application and become a full-time firefighter for the country of Australia.
Don’t be despaired of anything for all the requirements, the latest updates on the starting dates of the recruitment, how to become a firefighter NSW, firefighter NSW salary and the recruitment processes will all be discussed here in this post.
It is advisable to follow all the requirements provided here on this post, for it is a sure guide so as not to be disappointed by the outcome of your application.
Table of Contents
Latest Update On The NSW FireFighter Service
The NSW usually recruit people into the fire service after every 12 months to join their workforce.
Gladly the recruitment for people yearning to work in this force can start their application by June 2023 and be updated, keep visiting this page.
The New South Wales (NSW) Fire Brigade Service
The NSW Fire Service is an agency of the Government of New South Wales, Australia, responsible for firefighting, rescue, and HazMat services in the major cities, metropolitan areas, and towns across New South Wales.
Their role is to enhance community safety, quality of life, and confidence by minimizing the impact of hazards and emergency incidents on the people, property, environment, and economy of NSW.
There are permanent firefighters and on-call firefighters (who are temporary but still part of the team) who are all dedicated to helping society.
Requirement For The NSW Fire Service Recruitment
These are the following criteria to be considered for the NSW Fire Service.
Applicants are required to have HSC or an equivalent higher education qualification such as ;
- Higher School Certificate
- Certificate III in any discipline
- Trades qualified certificate or
- Five years’ service as a retained (on-call) firefighter with Fire and Rescue NSW
- Or any Higher educational qualification or equivalent.
To be eligible for employment with the NSW Fire Service then, you must be;
- An Australian citizen
- A New Zealand citizen
- Hold a permanent residency status
- Please also provide documents like an Australian passport or birth certificate, Australian citizenship papers, Permanent residency visa, New Zealand passport, birth certificate, or citizenship papers.
- From the age of 18 years, you can apply for this role
- There’s notably no age limit also
Drivers License Requirement
- Applicants are required to have a current Driver’s license with a minimum Provisional (Green P2) license
- or state or territory equivalent with a minimum of 6 demerit points on your Driver’s license at the time of application.
Driving History Requirement
- Candidates are highly expected and required to have a safe, responsible, and mannerly record of driving, for it will be employed in cases of emergencies.
- Candidates will be required to provide a current driving history record from the RMS (or equivalent within your state or territory) as evidence of safe driving history.
- Candidates applying for this job with a minor criminal record related to traffic offences may be considered to be recruited
- However, candidates with significant offences such as being convicted of Prescribed Concentration of Alcohol (PCA) offences, negligent driving occasioning death or grievous bodily harm, and driving in a dangerous manner or at a hazardous speed won’t be accepted.
The Recruitment Process For The NSW Fire Service
- Complete the online application on the official website and make sure to supply valid information
- You will receive a confirmation email once you have submitted your application.
- There will be an invitation to complete a series of online psychometric assessments (Cognitive Ability, Work Safety, Work Reliability, and Emotify).
- You will head to take a test on physical abilities, and all candidates must pass the PAT to be considered for progression to the next recruitment stage.
- Candidates who meet the physical requirements will have their Responses to targeted questions reviewed by a selection panel.
- Candidates will undertake a verification assessment to confirm their previous cognitive ability psychometric assessment results.
- After this, candidates will be invited for an interview to face questions from four different two-person panels to ensure divergent opinions determine the best candidates for the role regardless of gender, ethnicity, or sexuality.
- There will be a medical assessment.
- Candidates who have successfully progressed through the recruitment stages may then be offered employment to proceed at a place in the recruitment training program.
- Candidates who accept an offer of employment will undergo a 13-week Recruit Training Program with hours varying according to a schedule.
- After completing the 13 weeks of recruit training, you will graduate as a Level 1 Firefighter.
FireFighter NSW Salary
New South Wales firefighters enjoy a pretty amount salary weekly, Anual, on an estimate, the average salary of NSW firefighter is $1300 per week and $74,248 per year or $38.08 per hour with other lots of benefits
|Leading Station Officer||$2,131.04|
NSW Fire Service Ranks
The NSW Fire Service has ranks divided into permanent and on-call firefighters and their ranks include;
|Based On The Permanent Firefighters||Based On The On-call Firefighters|
|Student||Retained Firefighter 5 Years Service|
|Qualified Firefighter||Retained Firefighter 10 Years Service|
|Senior Firefighter||Retained Firefighter 15 Years Service|
|Senior Firefighter 15 years of service||Deputy Captain|
Summary On New South Wales (NSW) Fire Service Recruitment 2023/2024 Application Form
The portal of the New South Wales (NSW) Fire Service Recruitment 2023/2024 Application Form is simply for the enlightenment of the applicants relating to Recruitment 2023/2024.
The application website gives crucial information related to the NSW fire brigade recruitment 2023/2024 Application Form for candidates to start applying now.
After applying and finally getting recruited, you can henceforth become a firefighter in the New South Wales (NSW) Fire Service, making sure that you help anyone, anywhere, anytime, responding to any emergency necessary we are passionate about safety, education, and prevention.
Also, don’t forget to bookmark our website Aimglo, as we continue to provide you with the best School and recruitment Offer just like New South Wales (NSW) Fire Service Recruitment 2023/2024, with all Articles posted on our Aimglo being Accurate and free from Misinformation.