The Queensland Fire and Emergency Service (QFES) recruitment are ongoing to bring people from the area of Australia to help the Agency to fight fire emergencies on time.
The Queensland Fire and Emergency Service (QFES) Recruitment Application form 2023/2024 is ongoing, and recruiting new members who wish to apply as all the requirements and links provided to the application will be discussed here in this post.
The QLD fire and rescue recruitment (QFES) is an organization offering a diverse range of employment and volunteer opportunities, and each option is unique and exciting.
The QFES recruitment processes, requirement duties, salaries, and latest updates will be discussed here in this post, so endeavour to read through.
Table of Contents
Latest Update On The QFES Recruitment
The Recruitment is ongoing, and the applications will close at midnight on 10 April 2023, so make sure you start applying now before the deadline.
Qld Fire And Rescue Recruitment
The Queensland Fire and Rescue Recruitment (QFES) is the primary fire and emergency services provider in Queensland, Australia, which was established to improve the coordination and planning of emergency services, adopting an “all-hazards” approach to emergency management.
The roles of the QFES include;
- Inspecting the aftermath of bush or structure fires
- Inspect buildings for safety and give official approval
- Working in rescue operations for incidents such as auto accidents, marine disasters, or even rural/outback issues
- There may even be a call for disaster response in specific firefighting jobs.
Requirement For The QFES Recruitment
- Candidates should either be Australian, New Zealand citizens, or Australian residents.
- Applicants can apply from the age of 18 years and above
- You should have completed a 12 year or equivalent
- Currently holds a valid Blue Card (from Blue Card Services), with attached evidence to support
- Manual Medium Rigid (MR) driver’s license as recognized by the Department of Transport and Main Roads
- Current Apply First Aid Certificate
- Current Advanced Resuscitation Certificate
- Compliance with QFES medical and fitness standards
- Criminal History Check
- Clinical Psychometric Assessment.
- Be willing to travel for work.
Recruitment Process For The QFES
After submitting your application, the following processes begin such as;
- Applicants will be asked to complete a timed mechanical test that includes a list of test questions, such as pullies and gears, based on mechanical concepts.
- You will be moved to stage 2 after successfully passing stage 1, where QFES will ask you to complete the Pearson’s Vue timed skill assessments, which contain three kinds of test questions based on verbal, numeric, and abstract exams.
- The next stage is when you are invited for an interview to speak in front of a panel, which will include QFES operational and non-operational staff.
- During the interview, you will speak about the attributes and qualities you would bring to the role, your relevant or transferrable skills, experience, and qualifications, and your motivation to become a firefighter.
- There will be a Firefighter Psych Test.
- The next stage is medical checking.
- There will also be an employment check on a Criminal History Check, driving history, and complete referee reports.
Different Roles In The QFES
- Fire Communications Officer
- Auxiliary Firefighter
- Rural Volunteer
- State Emergency Service Volunteer
- Rural Fire Area Training Support Officer
- AO2 – General
- AO3 – Support Officer/ Business Support Officer
- AO3 – Project Support Officer
- AO3 – Executive Assistant
- AO4 – Operational Capability Officer
- AO4 – Executive Support Officer
- AO4 – Support Officer
- AO4 – Assistant Program Officer
- AO4 – Information Rights Officer
- AO4 – Indigenous Operational Capability Officer
- AO5 – Project Officer
- AO5 – Community Engagement Officer
- AO5 – Strategy and Risk Officer/Service Delivery Business Support Officer
- AO5 – Senior Operational Capability Officer
- AO5 – Program Officer, Logistics/Program Officer
- AO5 – Operations Support Advisor
- AO6 – Senior Program Officer
- AO6 – Executive Officer/Liaison Officer
- AO6 – Senior Research Officer
- AO6 – Area Controller/EM Coordinator
- AO6 – Senior Strategy and Risk Officer
- AO6 – Manager Volunteer and Frontline Support Services
- AO6 – Injury Management Advisor
- AO6 – Senior Information Analyst
- AO6 – Senior Doctrine Officer
- AO6 – Senior Correspondence
- AO6 – Senior Advisor
- AO6 – Assistant Cabinet Legislation Liaison Officer
- AO6 – Area Controller
- AO7 – Media Supervisor
- AO7 – Staff Officer
- AO7 – Governance Liaison Officer
- AO7 – Principal Analyst
- AO7 – Manager Safety & Wellbeing
- AO7 – Principal Advisor Culture
- AO8 – Regional Manager
- AO8 – Principal Policy Officer
- AO8 – Communications Manager
- AO8 – Departmental Liaison Officer
- AO8 – Cabinet Legislation and Liaison Officer
How To Apply
All you need to apply for Queensland firefighter recruitment is by sending an email to their official Mailbox dictating your interest, make sure you meet up with their requirements.
For enquiries please email [email protected]
The recruit training takes up to 16 weeks long at a school of fire and emergency fire service (SFEST) in Brisbane.
QFES will remunerate trainees throughout the program at the recruit pay rate. Recruits will be studying a recruit course as there will also be intensive theoretical training.
Salaries Of The QFES
|Classification||Old Base Rate||Inc. 2.5%||Weekend Shift||Night Shift||38 Hours Week Allowance||Total Per Fortnight|
Summary On Queensland Fire and Emergency Service (QFES) Recruitment 2023/2024 Application Form
The Queensland Fire and Emergency Service (QFES) Recruitment 2023/2024 Application Form portal is simply for the enlightenment of the applicants relating to Recruitment 2023/2024.
The application website gives crucial information about the Queensland Fire and Emergency Service (QFES) Recruitment 2023/2024 Application Form for candidates to start applying now.
After applying and finally getting recruited, you can become a firefighter in the Queensland Fire and Emergency Service (QFES), ensuring good order in all areas of Queensland.
Also, don’t forget to bookmark our website Aimglo, as we continue to provide you with the best School and recruitment Offer just like Queensland Fire and Emergency Service (QFES) Recruitment 2023/2024, with all Articles posted on our Aimglo being Accurate and free from Misinformation.