The UK Police Recruitment 2023/2024 Application Form is currently opened to recruiting people from diverse background to join the police force in UK.
Hence, before you start applying, check out if you are eligible or if you meet the requirement as proposed by the UK Police website
All the processes and application link, portal, recruitment date and criteria related to the joining of the UK Police It is highly advisable that candidates that wishes to apply should read all detailed information so as not to be mislead in the application process
Table of Contents
Details On The UK Police
The UK police consist of a constituted body of persons empowered by UK, with the aim to enforce the law, to ensure the safety, health and possessions of citizens, and to prevent crime and civil disorder.
The lawful powers of UK Police include arrest and the use of force legitimized by the state via the monopoly on violence.
Latest Update On The UK Police Recruitment
- Metropolitan Police – the Met is now open for recruitment and recent changes in their residency rules mean you no longer have to live in the Met area to apply to join the force. You can find out more on the MPS recruitment pages.
- City of London Police – are open for recruitment and you now have longer to get your application in. You have until 28th April 2023 to apply via either the Police Constable Degree Apprenticeship (PCDA) entry route or the Police Constable Degree Holder Entry Programme (DHEP). You can find out more information about the City of London Police recruitment process and apply on the City of London Police website
Requirement For The UK Police Recruitment
- You need to be 17 or over to apply, although you won’t be appointed until you’re 18
- There’s no upper age limit but remember, normal retirement age is 60 and new constables all have to complete a two-year probation period.
- You must be a British citizen, EU/EEA national or, if you’re a foreign national, have no restrictions on your stay in the UK.
- You normally need to have been living in the UK for the last three years (unless you’re ex British Army or have been working for HM Government on overseas secondment) in order to fulfil vetting requirements.
- If you’ve been on an extended holiday e.g. a gap year, you can also apply to have the residency criteria waived by the relevant Force Vetting Manager.
- Have a minimum of a level 3 qualification (e.g. A-levels, National Diploma, Level 3 NVQ, City & Guilds, etc.) or above (e.g. Degree or Masters)
- Ideally, you won’t have a criminal record when joining the police service.
- When you apply, it’s really important you include details of any crime or caution, including road traffic offences and speeding tickets therefore try to be truthful while answering.
- There are no height criteria for applicants
- If you’ve been declared bankrupt or have outstanding County Court Judgements against you, your application will likely be rejected.
- Tattoos that are prominent, offensive won’t be accepted in joining the Police.
- There are no formal educational requirement
- Applicants are required to take tests to examine their standard of english and numeracy
- You’ll also need to be able pass our selection process and complete initial training (see below).
- If you’re a member of an extreme political group, you won’t be allowed to apply for police officers must be impartial and objective when performing their duties with the public.
- You normally need to hold a full UK / manual driving licence, though it does depend on the force you’re applying to.
Application Portal For The UK Police
Visit the – https://www.joiningthepolice.co.uk/which-forces-are-recruiting Check out the application process – https://www.joiningthepolice.co.uk/application-process
Application Process For The UK Police Recruitment
If you meet the above required criteria then make sure to start your application as i outline the processes for you to be aware of.
- You will be asked to fill the application form where your personal details (like full name, date of birth and address), educational, employment, financial, tattoos and convictions details
- There is a sifting process which consists of three processes
- There is a competency based interview which is a stage of the online assessment process where you will be asked a series of questions
- After the above process, you will be given a written exercise where you will be asked to assume the role of a police constable and will need to complete an urgent written task for your line manager.
- Briefing exercise
- Medical and fitness test
- Vetting process which includes disclosing the behaviour of your family and friends to ensure that you aren’t vulnerable to extortion or blackmail.
- Congratulations! Once you’ve successfully completed all of the stages in the application process, your force will now be in a position to send you a formal job offer.
- This will likely come to you via the post (and/or email) and will detail everything you need to know about your potential start date and next steps.
How To Become A Police Officer In UK
Three routes are now available:
Police Constable Degree Apprenticeship (PCDA) – You can choose to undertake a three-year Level 6 degree apprenticeship, which involves both on and off-the-job training.
As with other apprenticeships, you’ll earn while you learn and upon successful completion of the programme, you’ll have finished your probation as a police constable and will have achieved the BSc Professional Policing Practice.
Degree-holder entry – For those who’ve studied an undergraduate degree in any subject, you can follow this work-based programme, which is supported by off-the-job learning.
It typically takes two years to complete the probation and leads to a Graduate Diploma in Professional Policing Practice.
Pre-join degree – If you haven’t already been to university, you can embark on a three-year BSc Professional Policing Practice programme before applying to a force and following a shorter period of on-the-job training.
By pursuing this route, you’ll need to be prepared to fund the degree yourself.
Qualities Of A Police Officer In UK
If you’re considering a career as a police officer, look at the list of skills and qualities below and try to think of instances where you can show that you have these:
- Effective communication skills, including tact and diplomacy for dealing with sensitive situations
- Community focus
- A sense of personal responsibility, integrity and resilience
- Problem-solving skills
- A confident and calm manner
- Good literacy skills in order to accurately record details and write reports
- Respect for diversity
- Teamwork skills and the ability to work independently
- Professionalism, honesty and trustworthiness
- Sound judgement and a proper respect for confidentiality
- Ability to act with resolve, tolerance and restraint.
Conclusion On UK Police Recruitment 2023/2024 Application Form
The portal of the UK Police Recruitment 2023/2024 Application Form is simply for the enlightenment of the members relating to Recruitment 2023/2024.
The application website gives crucial information related to the UK Police Recruitment 2023/2024 Application Form for candidates to start applying now.
After applying and you finally get recruited, you can henceforth enjoy a rich and rewarding extra dimension to your life and work while contributing to the defense of UK.
Also, don’t forget to bookmark our website Aimglo, as we continue to provide you with the best School and Job Offer just like UK Police Recruitment 2023/2024, with all Articles posted on our Aimglo being Accurate and free from Misinformation.